Friday, March 20
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHERE TUNIS GUNMEN GOT THEIR TRAINING
A top Tunisian security official says two extremist gunmen who killed 21 people at a museum trained in neighboring Libya.
2. ATTACKS ON MOSQUES IN YEMEN LEAVE AT LEAST 46 DEAD
Suicide bombers hit a pair of Islamic temples, a day after intense gun battles between supporters of the current president and those loyal to the ousted leader.
3. DEAL WITH IRAN SAID TO BE CLOSE
Senior Russian negotiator Sergey Ryabkov told The Associated Press that Tehran and six world powers are expected to iron out most of their remaining differences by the weekend.
4. OBAMA TO HOST WHITE HOUSE STUDENT FILM FESTIVAL
The president will showcase works by budding filmmakers from around the country that focus on the importance of public service.
5. EMAILS: U.N. AGENCY DECISION COST LIVES
The World Health Organization resisted calling the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a public health emergency until late last summer, two months after staff raised the possibility.
6. BILLS WOULD LIMIT ACCESS TO OFFICER BODY CAM VIDEOS
Open government and civil rights activists say the cameras will have less of an effect on police behavior if they know their actions will never be shown outside their department.
7. WHAT MAY HINDER COSMIC SPECTACLE
Thousands of tourists and cosmic fans travel to the Faeroe Islands and the Norwegian Arctic archipelago of Svalbard to see a total solar eclipse, but clouds may get in the way.
8. WHICH MAGAZINE HAS THRIVED THROUGH IT ALL
Better Homes and Gardens survived depression, recession, the Internet and competition to become the nation's top publisher focused on women.
9. KENTUCKY'S 'NO. 1 FAN' SPEAKS OUT
Ashley Judd fires back about threats, hate-filled comments online after her Wildcats basketball tweet.
10. DISPUTED CALL HIGHLIGHTS WILD DAY AT NCAAs
UCLA's Bryce Alford was credited with a 3-pointer after SMU's Yanick Moreira was called for goaltending and the Bruins edged the Mustangs 60-59.