Wednesday, October 21
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. 'UNFORTUNATELY, I BELIEVE WE'RE OUT OF TIME'
That's how Vice President Joe Biden announces his decision against a 2016 White House run, dispelling a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the Democrats.
2. WHAT PUTIN-ASSAD MEETING COULD SIGNAL
The Syrian leader's trip to Moscow might suggest that the Russian president ultimately seeks a political settlement to the Syrian civil war, after weeks of Russian airstrikes.
3. TEEN TESTIFIES IN UPSTATE NY CHURCH BEATING
Christopher Leonard, 17, tells a courtroom he and his brother were pummeled by his parents, a sibling and other church members, leaving him injured and his brother dead.
4. WIKILEAKS POSTS WHAT APPEAR TO BE CIA CHIEF'S PERSONAL EMAILS
A draft security clearance application containing personal information is part of the material apparently hacked from John Brennan's AOL account.
5. WHO SUPPORTS RYAN FOR SPEAKER POST
Support from The House Freedom Caucus — a group of rebellious conservatives — all but guarantees Rep. Paul Ryan will get the job.
6. MAN HELD IN APPARENT ROAD-RAGE KILLING
A 4-year-old girl was shot in the backseat of her father's truck after he picked up her and her brother from school in Albuquerque, N.M.
7. AIDE: BENGHAZI ATTACK 'DEVASTATED' HILLARY CLINTON
A transcript of Cheryl Mills' remarks comes one the eve of Clinton's appearance before the House Benghazi panel.
8. HOW CLIMATE CHANGE MAY AFFECT WORLD FINANCES
Global warming will damage the economies of warmer countries like many of those in Asia and Africa, while it will benefit cooler regions like Russia and Canada, says a study in the journal Nature.
9. LAMAR ODOM, KHLOE KARDASHIAN REVIVE MARRIAGE
The couple put their divorce on hold a week after the former NBA star was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel.
10. JAYS STAVE OFF ALCS ELIMINATION
Marco Estrada pitches Toronto to a 7-1 win over Kansas City to force a Game 6 in the AL Championship Series.